Thursday 19 March 2020

Vintage wooden decorative piece: DT Richa sharma

Hi friends,
I am back again with a beautiful project.its a multipurpose decor piece , with a large base to keep any of your decorative showpiece/candle/flower vase and it has 3 slots to hang the keys .
It will work as a beautiful entry piece for your house .
Please enjoy the tutorial.

Prime the base with the black gesso , including the sides and the backside also .

 Now , take this beautiful decoupage papers from Nakshathra Designz and cut it as per the size of the base.
My base size was quite large , so I pasted the paper to its full size and trimmed the extras hanging over the left and right size with a sand paper.

Now I used my acrylic and chalk paints to merge rest of the base with the colour matching to the decoupage paper .

Now after using the hues of black / green / blue and turquoise, I was quite impressed with the way my colours blended with the decoupage paper.

 To add a texture and dimension to my project I used the metallic waxes to add a vintage look to my complete project
 I applied the varnish over my complete project once it was completely dry.
 I have taken pictures with a vase , candle just to show you, how you can use it.


Enjoy the pictures 


Share your love and creations using the decoupage papers from Nakshathra Designz on our Facebook page.

Hope you liked the tutorial.
Stay tuned for the new inspirational posts.
 Take care 

No comments:

Post a Comment