Thursday 28 May 2020

Decoupage clock - by Priyanka Srivastava

Hello people,

Today I am bringing a project  which can work both as an artwork/decor piece and a clock with addition of some numbers. Although I loved it's simple decor piece look, I have converted it into a clock with a very whimsical design ! I am just waiting for lockdown to get over so that I can buy the clock machine required for it's ultimate clock aesthetic and utility.

I have used Nakshathra Designz Abstracto decoupage papers which have, as the same suggests, lovely abstract designs! They are set of 4 papers with  different designs.

Here are the steps that I have take to make it.

1. Mark a big arc on the backside of the decoupage paper so that when you cut through it and place it on the raw mdf base of round clock, the empty part of base will look like a crescent moon.

2. Place the cut decoupage paper on clock base and outline the crescent shape on base with a pencil.

3. Use a masking tape to hide the inner side of the crescent shape as shown in the pic below.

4. Now apply texture paste through a stencil (any design that you want to be done on the crescent shape). Make sure your textured design stays inside the masking tape.

5. Colour the entire crescent shape with black chalk paint as shown in the pic. Also remove the masking tape and cover a little bit inside where the masking tape was.

6. I then used dry brushing technique with red and gold chalk paints to highlight the stenciled design. 

7. Now apply an even layer of modpodge over the rest of the empty raw mdf surface and stick the cut decoupage paper in a way that the cut part fits perfectly with the crescent shape. Make sure there are no wrinkles and air bubbles while you are sticking the paper. Let it dry

8. Apply another layer of mod podge over the paper to seal it properly. Your project will look something like this.

9. Now by this time I didn't like the red and gold look of the textured crescent shape as it was being overshadowed by vibrant colours of the decoupage paper. So I decided to give the crescent shape a very basic black and white look.
For this, I again painted black chalk paint over the entire crescent shape. Once it dried, I retraced the stenciled shapes and coloured then with white chalk paint.This made both the b/w crescent shape and vibrant colours of decoupage paper pop each other.


10. I stenciled a lovely quote and a feather on the other side to bring the whole look together.

Now this can be easily used as a decor piece kept on a wooden/acrylic plate stand.

10. But I decided to turn it into a clock with a whimsical look. So I decided to add a couple wooden cut outs of clock numbers that I already had.I coloured them with white chalk paint and let them dry. 


11. Since I wanted a whimsical look, I decided to add only 1, 2, 6, 8, 9 and 10 to the clock. These number at their strategical places not only gave unique look to the whole clock but also avoided to make the entire design too crowded. Here is how it looked like.

I am just waiting for the lockdown to get over so that I can buy and fix the clock machine required for it's ultimate clock aesthetic and utility.

I hope this project will inspire you to make a similar or any other project by using these lovely decoupage paper set by Nakshatra Designz then please do share with us. We would love to see your creativity using our decoupage papers.

Do check out other designs of Nakshathra Designz Decoupage Papers too!
Cheers!


You can buy the papers from any of the following links :


2. Avni Vyas - Craft Destination Centre

3. www.craftjunction.in[palak karthikey patel]


5.www.amazon.in

No comments:

Post a Comment