Friday 13 March 2020

Dream catcher platter: Richa Sharma

Hi friends,
I am back again with a new project today for the month of March. I am so excited to share my creation made using this month’s launch.
The beautiful decoupage papers by Nakshathra Designz are so easy to work with and they are perfect for your decoupage projects.
Today I will alter one frame into a platter .

Let’s get started.

I have taken a wooden frame and primed it with black gesso .
After measuring the frame , I trimmed my decoupage papers as per the dimensions of the frame

Now I applied blue chalk paint , and green chalk paint to match my base with the colour of the decoupage paper.


I have taken the blue , green and gold waxes to add that metallic hue to the rest of the base .

With the help of the decoupage glue, I pasted the paper onto my base and pressed it using a card , so that none of the air bubbles remained trapped.


To add a 3 D dimensions to my project I used a bottle cap and painted it in the similar way as the base and pasted it on the circle of the dream catcher . Then I made a clay flower, painted it and fixed it upon the cap .


It can be used either way .
It can be directly hanged on the wall also or can be used as a tray/platter.




Hope you enjoyed the tutorial.
Do let me know your feedback/ queries in the comments.

Thank you for stopping by .



No comments:

Post a Comment