Wednesday 8 January 2020

"Riot of colours" - DT post by Priyanka Srivastava

Hello eveyone,

Wishing all of you a very happy, prosperous and a blessed new year! Today I have brought a project which is super simple to make and it brings a fresh pop to you decor. I have named this project as "Riot of colours"!



I have used Nakshathra Designz's Decoupage Paper Abstracto. This set of 4 amazing abstract designs will win your heart as the possibilities to make unique projects with these designs are countless. 


I have taken a canvas board of dimensions 10" x 14" and I have covered the entire surface with black chalk paint. 



Then I have trimmed Nakshathra Designz decoupage paper so that when we put the paper on canvas, 1" margin is left on the all sides of the paper. This will look like a black frame and will help the colours of decoupage paper to pop against the background. I then used the decoupage glue on the paper to stick it to canvas board while making sure to remove any air bubbles that might come between canvas and paper. This gives it a smooth finish and gives it a look as though the canvas is painted in abstract design with acrylic colours.

To seal the paper, I gave another coat of decoupage glue once the paper was dry.



I have then used texture paste with the help of different mandala stencils to make random design. I made sure that the stencil designs made with texture paste is only on the paper and not on the canvas background.



To give more texture, depth and zing to the project, I decided to add some chipboards and wooden embellishments to it. I coloured them with different chalk paints.



Once the texture paste was dry, I started placing the embellishments on the project to see how they will be look like.



Once I was happy with the placement of embellishments, I attached them on the project with fevicol. And this is how the final look of the project came to be.



Do check out other designs of Nakshathra Designz Decoupage Papers and let these beautiful abstract design adorn your homes/offices!

Cheers!



You can buy the papers from any of the following links :


2. Avni Vyas - Craft Destination Centre

3. www.craftjunction.in[palak karthikey patel]


5.www.amazon.in


No comments:

Post a Comment