Thursday 11 January 2018

NEW DT Amisha Shah with her tutorial project

Hello Friends!!Am happy to introduce our new DT member Amisha Shah who does wonders in decoupage technique.Hope you all know her very well.Am so happy to have her as one of the DT member.Over to her:


Hello, I am Amisha Shah hail from Kolkata but currently settled in Bangalore from past 10 yrs.I have done MBA in HR and was working with one of the reputed Consultancy Firm in Bangalore. I love listening to music, big time foodie and a crazy and passionate crafter.
I was inclined towards art and craft since childhood, my mother use to send me for drawing classes and thats how it started. During my schooldays i use to make paintings and water fountains. One of my Water fountain creation is still at display in one of the famous eatery place in Kolkata.
I was into full time job but had to quit because of my health issues and got in touch with my then neighbour and a famous crafter Sonal Shah thats how my crafting journey re-started by assisitng her. I learnt Decoupage from Mayura Vaze and since then its been a non-stop ride for me. My Style of Craft is Bold , Neat and Creative and my main forte is Decoupage.

Some of her best projects:








Her First post:

This is my first ever blogging experience. Hope you guys will enjoy it :)


For my first post I am sharing a decoupage tray which i have created using Nakshathra Designz PaperAs soon as i laid my eyes on this beautiful paper i knew that i wanted to use it and i decided to make a tray out of it. So Lets go through step by step procedure on how to make a Tray thats heat and water resistant.



Measure the inner area of the tray and accordingly cut the decoupage paper with the help of a cutting Mat, a Ruler and a cutter.




Once the paper was cut to the appropriate size i decided to paint the sides and the inner area of the tray with a dark maroon - brownish shade.



Then with the help of Modpodge i adhered the decoupage paper and gave a coat of modopodge on top to seal it nicely.





Once the top coat of modpodge was dry, i gave a coat of Asian Paints Aquador PU Matte finish Vanirsh to secure the whole project.


and to make the tray heat and water resistant i decided to add a layer of resin.


and Voila A Beautiful Tray is ready to Serve!






Hope you guys enjoyed the post .. 

No comments:

Post a Comment